Are you passionate about serving those in need? Are you a relationship builder who leads with humility, compassion and transparency? Have you had success driving the financial strength of an organization? Solutions for Care, a non-profit who serves the aging community, is seeking an Executive Director with a strong business acumen who excels in strategic leadership, communication and engagement of staff, board and partners. Apply to learn more about this exciting leadership opportunity!
Solutions for Care’s mission is to preserve the independence and dignity of all older adults and those living with disabilities, to be their advocate and work to find the best available resources that lead to greater self-sufficiency and a higher quality of life.
Solutions for Care, founded in 1972, serves over 14,000 older adults and those living with disabilities each year in Berwyn, Cicero and Proviso Townships. We offer adult protective services, aging and disability resource networks, caregiver resource center and community care programs. We provide direct client service through benefits access, information and assistance, in-home care, advocacy services and transitional assistance in hospitals. For more information, visit our website at www.solutionsforcare.org
HOW YOU’LL SERVE:
- Provide strategic vision and primary leadership for our organization
- Responsible for the fiscal activities of the organization including budgeting, reporting and auditing; recognize revenue streams, and strategize the most effective resource allocation including developing and implementing fundraising/donor plans and partnerships; regularly monitor and communicate financial status of the organization to the Board of Directors
- Manage and support an engaged and qualified workforce including staff and volunteers; balance fiscal responsibility with staff stability, engagement and optimization; provide general oversight and management of all daily activities to ensure efficient and effective organizational operations
- Facilitate Board involvement by stimulating effective thought leadership towards execution of Solutions for Care’s vision, mission and strategic objectives; energetically partner and communicate with the Board to accomplish organizational goals
- Partner with the Board to identify opportunities, trends, issues, and activities in order to facilitate policy making and recommend policy positions
- Secure available funding to support the strategic goals of the organization
- Maintain strict adherence to regulatory and compliance filings
- Integrate Solutions for Care into the fabric of the community by advocating for issues, responding to community needs, and developing and maintaining cooperative relationships with key constituencies
- Partner with legislators, regulatory agencies, volunteers and representatives of the not-for-profit sector to promote legislative and regulatory policies that encourage a healthy aging community
WHAT WE OFFER:
Solutions for Care offers a chance to make a difference in the lives of others. We offer the ability to lead an organization who is valued by the community and engage in work that grows and sustains the organization. Along with a supportive Board, community and staff, Solutions for Care also offers a solid benefits package including health and retirement benefits and paid time off.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, gerontology, public/business administration or a related field; Master’s degree preferred
- Ten (10) plus years of increasingly complex management experience; minimum five (5) years of non-profit experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal skills able to reach a wide variety of audiences
- Prior work with the aging population preferred
- Success working with a Board of Directors and cultivating new and existing Board member relationships
- Proven knowledge of human services, finance, human resources, planning and evaluation, and governance
- Excellence in organizational management, communication, coaching staff, managing and developing teams, setting and achieving strategic objectives and managing budgets
- Demonstrated marketing, public relations and fundraising experience engaging with a wide variety of stakeholders and cultures
- Ability to travel (local) as needed; with occasional interstate travel
Job location: remote and onsite; eventually onsite
HOW TO APPLY:For consideration, please forward your resume and cover letter to:
Solutions for Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer.