Click here to edit Spacer module.
Solutions for Care is committed to preserving the independence and dignity of all older adults and those living with disabilities, being their advocate and working to find the best available resources that lead to greater self-sufficiency and a higher quality of life.To further the mission of Solutions for Care, volunteers agree to adhere to the following policies:
1. Adhere to all of Solutions for Care’s policies and procedures as outlined in the Volunteer Manual.
2. Conduct oneself in a professional manner.
3. Maintain client confidentiality at all times.
4. Receive training and agree to participate in all future required training.
5. Submit appropriate documentation in a timely manner.
6. Provide reasonable notice to supervisor if unable to attend appointments, and make arrangements for another volunteer to provide coverage.
7. Sign waiver releasing Solutions for Care of any liability while serving as a volunteer.
8. Notify supervisor of any conflict of interest in providing services to clients.
9. Agree to provide services without bias, showing respect to every client.
10. Failure to comply with Solutions for Care policies or violations of ethical standards could result in discipline, up to and including termination.
Confidentiality & Non-Disclosure
It is our policy to rigorously observe the law and ethical principles regarding the observance of confidentiality for all medical and other sensitive records that may be encountered or obtained in the course of Company’s legitimate activities. All client-related information is confidential and should not be discussed with anyone except those with appropriate authorization. It is very important that you understand what information may be disclosed and to whom. All employees are expected to exercise conservative judgment regarding the release of confidential and personal information of registered qualified clients to follow employees, employer representatives and/or treating or evaluating professionals. If any form of breach of confidentiality takes place, it will be brought to the governing board for review. The governing body has the authority to authorize immediate termination for any breach of confidentiality.Any questions concerning this policy, including what constitutes confidential information, should be promptly referred to the Executive Director.Please download and fill out formDownload Application…
Employment OpportunityBenefit Access and Outreach Specialist Benefit Access and Outreach Specialist
Benefit Access and Outreach Specialist
Solutions For Care (SFC) serves over 14,000 older adults and those living with disabilities each year in Berwyn, Cicero and Proviso Townships. We provide direct client service through benefits access, information and assistance, in-home care, advocacy services and transitional assistance in hospitals.
General Statement of Duties:
The Benefit Access and Outreach Specialist will maintain current information on opportunities and services available within Berwyn, Cicero, and Proviso Townships. They will link consumers to available community-based services and appropriate benefit programs. This position will also create public awareness through educating the community with presentations, participation in health fairs and community events.
You must have a Bachelor’s Degree and be bilingual (English/Spanish). You must be confident in communicating with team members, clients, community partners and be comfortable speaking in front of diverse groups about our services in Berwyn, Cicero & Proviso Townships.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop excellent knowledge of programs, benefits and services available to seniors and adults with disabilities on a local, state and federal level.
- Display appropriate telephone etiquette during all phone call handling.
- Maintain a professional and confidential manner in all interactions with the public.
- Assess client needs in a sensitive and professional manner and assist with applications.
- Develop short term and long term goals for both older adults and the disabled.
- Connect clients to appropriate resources.
- Provide follow-up to ensure needs are met.
- Ensure a high level of quality when documenting information.
- Maintain and organize resources (files, books, or a computerized system) so the information is easily accessible.
- Update resource information at least quarterly.
- Complete all required forms in a timely manner.
Community Outreach & Engagement:
1. Represent Solutions For Care at community events/health fairs.
2. Conduct educational presentations in the community.
3. Run offsite enrollment events.
1. Tracking and entering required information on a weekly basis.
2. Monitoring and meeting production goals.
1. Participation in weekly team and individual meetings.
2. Participation in weekly Staff Meetings.
- Complete required initial and annual training by state and other funding sources; maintain required certification.
Weekend and evening hours periodically required. Travel required to offsite locations, presentations and trainings will require car and insurance. Criminal background check is required.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is based on experience.
Medical, Dental, Vision, 403B Plan, Life Insurance and 15 paid days off and 12 Holidays.